Position Summary: is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing Habitat’s individual donor program to help meet the organization’s fundraising goal and build the individual and group donor base.
Primary Responsibilities: To secure funds for Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties by managing a group of assigned and acquired donors; assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
- The Director of Development will operate within the ‘moves management’ system which provides the structure for moving a donor from prospect to solicitation
- Works cohesively with Community Outreach team to meet Strategic Plan
- Supports the Vice President of Community Outreach in the Development Planning Process
- Plans and executes a comprehensive annual giving program including prospecting, communications, solicitations, recognition and stewardship activities
- Work to acquire new Habitat community partnerships and establish new donor relationships
- Document all activity in donor software
- Other duties as assigned
Necessary Personal/Professional Characteristics:
- Thrives on being results oriented
- Offers creative solutions for all aspects of donor stewardship, cultivation and recognition
- Demonstrates the ability to be persistent and authentic
- Shows good judgment in interactions with all constituents
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships
- Possesses the ability work independently as well as in a team setting
- Has a positive attitude, is proactive in promoting the Habitat mission, and is eager to excel in all undertakings
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial development
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Acceptable background check
If interested, please send resume to Vince Modarelli.