TheFlorida SouthWestern State College (FSW) School of Business and Technology and the United Way will offer free tax-filing service for households earning $66,000 by IRS-certified United Way volunteers from 12:30 – 4p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27, in Building U, Room 102, at the FSW Thomas Edison Campus in Fort Myers, 8099 College Parkway.
Appointments are required. Joint returns require both filers to be present. Participants will need to bring:
- Photo I.D
- Social security or individual taxpayer identification number and birthdates for everyone on return
- Previous year’s federal and state returns
- All earning statements (W-2, W-2G, 1099s)
- Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C for proof of health insurance; Form 1095-A if health insurance purchased from the marketplace; or health insurance exemption
- Form 1098 for mortgage interest, property taxes, closing statements
- Voided check or routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- Student loan statement from your university/college (1098-T) and/or student loan interest statement (1098-E) if applicable
- Written totaled mileage records and totaled business income and expenses if self-employed
- Total paid and provider business’ name, address and SSN/ITIN for childcare or dependent care expenses
To book an appointment, visit www.unitedwaylee.org/freetaxprep or call 239.433-3900 ext. 211.