Communications & Membership Coordinator
Pelican Isle Yacht Club is a Member-owned Private Yacht Club in North Naples with 380 Memberships, 190 Boat Slips, recently completed a $4.8M renovation to enhance the Member experience and continue Membership growth. PIYC has both elegant and casual dining outlets overseeing the magnificent views of the Wiggins Pass inlet. The Club is comprised of Members and Employees who are proud of our friendly and inclusive atmosphere, professional organization, and beautiful location. Reopening in January, our team executed more than 300 events in our newly renovated Club which was highly supported by our active membership!
This position is instrumental in PIYC’s daily communications & membership coordination. This key role provides an exceptional Member/Guest experience through positive communication, planning and administrative support to the Membership Sales & Marketing Director with emphasis on strong Member Guest Service & Lifestyle Programming. This position will also work closely with entire PIYC management team, Special Dining & Events Coordinator, and Club Administrator.
Please send cover letter, resume & references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Position: Full-time, hourly
Reports to: Membership Sales & Marketing Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position will provide a high level of written communications, club administration and reception support within the Club with emphasis on Club Membership Communications and execution of our Member Lifestyle Programs. This position is vested with understanding the policies and procedures of the Club, knowledge of the product, membership, slip offerings, how to handle special requests and exceed the expectations of the membership. Produce and coordinate the development of communications for the purpose of serving Members and guests by communicating and marketing all Club events, social and dining events, activity programs and services. This position works closely with all departments to produce excellent Club communications that are high-quality, accurate, complete, attractive, and timely for our Club Members and guests. Manage PIYC website, Club calendar development, event reservation management, brochures, emails, videos, and more. Arranges and occasionally attends Member activities and special events on and offsite sponsored by our department. This key individual will interact with Members by phone, email or in person on a daily basis.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, self-starter, detail and deadline oriented.
- Be upbeat and friendly, as you are likely to be the “first impression” of our Yacht Club.
- Required to be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills at all times.
- Possess ability to complete projects as directed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Be a proactive self-starter with good problem-solving abilities.
- Multi-task in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Able to present a professional demeanor at all times to Members and guests
- Ability to multi-task yet maintain customer focus at all times.
- Variations in work schedule may be needed at times. Flexibility appreciated and could include weekend/holiday shifts.
- Maintain needed computer skills required to handle work load including: Constant Contact, Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Jonas Club Management software, & Members First hosted website.
- Develop excellent time-management skills, with strong independent follow through.
- Alignment of a strong work ethic to include: honesty, respectfulness, dedication, genuine caring, and a positive attitude.
- Strive for high service standards due to daily and frequent interaction with Club Members and their guests.
- Use judgment and be physically able to stand, sit, stoop, bend and lift in excess of 25 lbs as needed.
- Be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk minimum 75% of the time.
- Maintain continuing education and networking to gain more experience in private/club operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintaining member and public website as desired in
the manner the Club has put in place. Includes – daily maintenance &
updating such as home page articles, creating/sending email blasts, posting
articles on various web page, continually proof-reading reservation & event
pages (menus, hyperlinks, etc.).
- Leadership in Member event calendar development and follow-on promotional management.
- Responsible for maintaining current presentations for lobby display. Includes creating promotional flyers for all Club events and Member communication areas such as tennis bulletin board, fitness center, etc.
- Whenever applies, communicate needed additional details to Food & Beverage team for lifestyle programming.
- Responsible for all Club information regarding dining & special events and that it is properly posted online, through push Club app notices, included in e-letters, confirmation emails, etc.
- Encourage members to participate in Club lifestyle events and dining, therefore knowledgeable of upcoming events and dining. Keep abreast of all pertinent information regarding special events at the Club such as cost of events, time they start and dress attire.
- Always greet Members and guests in person, via telephone and emails with a friendly, cheerful and helpful attitude and in an efficient manner. Provide excellent customer service when they need assistance with various requests.
- Provide sales and marketing support to Membership Sales and Marketing Director with mailings, phone calls, general correspondence, sales or welcome packets and assist in maintaining lead list.
- When needed, act as information source to general public and provide informative tours to orient Newcomers and prospects about the Club, amenities, membership and slip offerings.
- Secondary for responding to prospect inquiries received from web site and/or call-ins, etc.
- Assist in maintaining current prospect, Newcomer (new Members) and guest collateral.
- Have complete product knowledge and understanding of Member documents and current offerings insuring your ability to respond to Membership inquiries in the absence of Membership Sales & Marketing Director.
- Maintain professional desk appearance (uncluttered).
- Back-up to Club Administrator by securing coverage of phone/front desk when required to step away from desk and all duties associated with that position.
- Occasionally performing various administrative duties for Membership Sales and Marketing Director.
- Work on special projects with various departments as needed when directed by Member Sales and Marketing Director.
- Work selected Club special events to greet Member/guests as needed.
- Continue to expand, research, survey & evaluate Member Lifestyle Programming.
- Works directly with PIYC Cruising Activities Committee on Fall & Spring Cruise Program (which includes assisting with date selections, trip descriptions, lotteries, rosters, financial allocations, etc.).
- Works with Land Cruise Coordinator to offer seasonal programs.
- Develop & communicate with various Interest Groups to enhance specialized programming.
- Serve as Fitness Liaison with Solaris or any other contracted instructors, etc.
- Elevate water related activities and cross coordination with other departments.
- Knowledge of all office equipment: postage machine, copier/fax, telephone, etc.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to the needs of the ever-changing Club environment.
- Alert the gate house of guests coming to the Club as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service ~ Manage difficult and/or emotional Member/guest situations; responds promptly to Member/guest needs, solicits Member feedback to improve services, meets commitments.
Communication ~ Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds positively to questions, practices diplomacy when needed.
Teamwork ~ Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ view. Gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives, supports team efforts to succeed. Self starter, multi-task oriented, flexible and open to change as needed.
Ethics ~ Treats Members/guests and fellow employees with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
Desired Background: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum 2 years of experience in private/club operations or equivalent. Has experience in the hospitality industry with a strong emphasis on advanced writing and computer skills.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Pelican Isle Yacht Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer