Job Title: Development Manager
Job Location: Bonita Springs, FL
The Alzheimer’s Association, Florida Gulf Coast Chapter provides education, information and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the community. The Development Manager supports the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association by coordinating fundraising events, increasing public awareness and building community support in the Florida Gulf Coast area. This individual seeks and secures funding, collaborative partnerships and works closely with volunteers, staff and members of the community to achieve strategic goals. The Development Manager reports to the Development Director.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Alzheimer’s Associationâ€™s signature event, Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Fort Myers, Naples, and Punta Gorda, FL.
- Responsible for the recruitment and cultivation of Walk event volunteer committee leadership responsible for successfully planning and executing Walk To End Alzheimer’s.
- Recruit, motivate, and assist team captains and their team members for Walk to End Alzheimer’s events.
- Track, grow, and build constituents to reach their team and individual goals, including tracking and reaching overall sponsor, team, and participation goals.
- Working in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Initiatives, serve as a liaison to businesses, organizations, and/or individuals who sponsor the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to support all aspects of assigned fundraising events.
- Schedule planning meetings including preparing agendas, meeting minutes and holding volunteers accountable of all assigned fundraising events.
- Use various contact means (phone, email, in person, social media) to promote the Walks and other events.
- Work with staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate new sources of funding and in-kind contributions from businesses, foundations and community organizations.
- Represent the chapter through public speaking, media interviews and community involvement as requested.
- Monitor goals and budget for each Walk.
- Assist volunteers, speakers, sponsors, constituents and other attendees on the day of the events.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in person and by phone with internal and external customers
- Initiative and maturity; quick learner
- Ability to lift and move 20-30 pounds
- Strong personality who can maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and team participation
- Willingness to drive within the counties of our service area.
- Trustworthy to handle donations in the form of cash, check, credit card or in-kind.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including family caregivers, volunteers, public officials, and people of high prominence in the community.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Ability to work daytime, some evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in an MS office environment (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY! or send resume to: Alzheimer’s Association, Florida Gulf Coast, 14010 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 709, Clearwater, FL 33762
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer’s Association.