Position Summary: General responsibilities under the direction of the Director of Special Projects, the Event Coordinator is responsible for all Chamber signature and ongoing events, including logistics, sponsorship sales, promotions, registrations, and facilities relations. This position is responsible for managing the deliverable calendar for the department, ensuring that all event and programs are executed effectively, on budget and on time.
Job Specifications: (minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required)
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, communications, hospitality or marketing. Equivalent experience may be substituted for degree.
Physical Functions: Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-25 pounds).
Experience: Minimum of two years of successful event planning experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position
- Ability to execute details for successful programming
- Must possess exemplary time management skills, have a high level of motivation and be a self-starter
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, executives, community partners and members
- Self-starter with a proven ability to handle projects that require critical thinking, public relations and marketing
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and research abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism
- Fantastic customer service, work ethic and high expectations for quality
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
Sampling of Duties:
- Plan and implement events and programs of the Chamber including but not limited to:
- Sponsorship sales
- Facility relations
- Budget management
- All other duties to ensure successful events and programs
- Management of the Young Professionals program
- Manage and implement the Impact SWFL program
- Staff Chamber functions as needed
- All other duties and functions as assigned by supervisory staff
To apply send resume and cover letter to Tiffany Esposito, firstname.lastname@example.org. Call (239) 992-2943 with questions.