You are why the Healthy Life Center at Coconut Point strives to promote your well-being in body, mind, and spirit. Through active lifestyle changes, health and nutrition education, and social activities personalized for you and our community, together we can achieve new levels of well-being.
“The Healthy Life Center at Coconut Point, like all our locations, is a place to connect with others and also get inspired to live a healthier life,” says Carrie Bloemers, manager of the Healthy Life Center at Coconut Point. “We have something for everyone whether you are newly diagnosed with diabetes or looking to maintain your current health.”
Take advantage of these inspiring features and more:
- Educational events and programs that focus on nutrition such as a recurring series on plant-based eating that helps you better understand how to begin a vegetarian diet.
- Teaching/participation kitchen that shows how healthier foods are prepared and used as daily meals for the whole family.
- Yoga and meditation classes that target relaxation and stress relief.
- Experts and speakers who discuss new integrated medicine techniques, arthritis relief, tips for better sleep and mental health topics.
- Free health screenings and information about disease prevention.
A healthier lifestyle that emphasizes wellness and preventative care can help you avoid visiting the hospital. Instead, visit with us—and often!
Demonstration kitchen serves up nutrition education, meal prep
Better nutrition goes hand-in-hand with a healthy lifestyle, but many people interested in eating right don’t always know where to start. What foods should they cook? And how should they prepare them?
The Healthy Life Center at Coconut Point features a demonstration kitchen that provides the community an opportunity to learn more about nutrition, meal preparation, and how to take control of their diet.
Cooking classes at the demonstration kitchen, taught by a registered dietitian, provide education and take-home recipes that are easy to implement into everyday life.
The Healthy Life Center will offer various cooking seminars taught by local chefs as well as Lee Health food and nutrition experts.
Lee Health Solutions expands, enriches your life
Sometimes patients require care management beyond the walls of the hospital or their doctor’s office. That’s why Lee Health Solutions offers medically based services, therapies and classes to help patients and community members achieve optimal well-being and quality of life.
Our highly personalized approach features individualized treatment based on each person’s specific needs. Staffed by registered dietitians and registered nurses who work together as a team with patients and their physicians, we strive to be your partner in your journey to wellness every step of the way.
Our services include:
• The Diabetes Self-Management Program, which provides the tools necessary for you to successfully control your condition and reduce the risk of complications.
• The National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and offered by Lee Health Solutions, benefits anyone who is at risk for developing diabetes. Participants will become empowered to prevent Type 2 Diabetes.
• The Outpatient Nutrition Counseling Program, where you meet individually with a registered dietitian who will tailor a customized eating plan to help achieve your nutrition goals. If you want to lose weight, eat healthier, or have a medical condition that can be improved with good nutrition, a dietitian can maintain or improve healthy habits.
For more information about these programs, call 239-424-3120.
Lee Health Coconut Point
23450 Via Coconut Point
Estero, FL 34135